On September 1, 2011, residents from Saratoga Springs, NY participated in a citywide Lip Dub. People in costume (many with props) lined the downtown street to lip sync to 3 Train songs. On September 27th, the premiere of the finished product was shown on the big screen of The Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) and we have the full video below for your enjoyment.
We have tabulated our list of the 10 things you might not know about the Saratoga Lip Dub…interesting behind the scenes morsels, a little idea of who these people are, and just a few reasons why Saratoga Springs is a great place to live and a better place to visit. Our list is in chronological order. So as you watch, read our list and follow along.
1. Shauna Sutton, Deputy Mayor of Saratoga Springs, had the “Hey Soul Sister” lyrics taped to her back for anyone behind her to read. She is located at the beginning of the video at the Saratoga Springs City Center, dressed in a blue suit.
3. The porch of Saratoga Arms was filled with many, many, many family members, friends, neighbors, classmates and members of Saratoga Pride.
4. The large wagon filled with garden fresh vegetables (the woman was singing into a zucchini) was from local farms that participate in the Saratoga Farmers’ Market, just voted the 2nd best medium sized farmers market in the country.
5. The Victorian Era dressed people walking across the street participate every year at the Saratoga Springs Victorian Street Walk. The Street Walk will be held this year on Thursday, December 1, 2011.
6. No people or animals were injured during the making of this video. The boy on the stretcher was an actor and we have a wonderful city hospital.
8. What is the poster of the crazy-haired lady with all of the squigglies? Why, it’s the Saratoga Springs Annual First Night, a New Year’s Eve event with music all over the city…and fireworks at midnight.
9. I have looked but I have never seen a human slot machine or life sized dice at the Saratoga Casino and Raceway. I’m still looking though. What would be the return?
10. Over 1,000 people attended the finale in historic Congress Park. What a great way to spend a summer afternoon.
The Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) is having Def Leppard and Heart as a rocking 80’s double bill on Sunday, July 10th. Remember those days of big hair and men in tights? The 80’s had a certain hold on fashion that we haven’t seen in some time.
If you want to relive that time and listen to some wonderful music, Groupon has just announced quite a deal on tickets. They are offering 51% off one ticket. It is a great way to experience Saratoga Springs in the summer at a great venue. Of course they have a limited amount of tickets and the deal expires soon and you need to sign up for the Albany/Capital Region of New York.
Of course, if you want to make a night of it, Saratoga Arms has availability for Sunday, July 10th. Head into town in the afternoon, check in at our wonderful Saratoga Springs hotel, hit the town, have an early dinner and go to the concert. Many of the staff grew up in the 80’s and would love to hear all about the concert during our complimentary breakfast the next morning.