The winter months are full of wonderful things to do in Saratoga Springs! Being native Saratogians, we have designed a 3-night, 4 day adventure that showcases the ultimate Saratoga winter experience. Plan your adventure and book your stay at Saratoga Arms, our award-winning downtown hotel in Saratoga Springs, NY.
4 Perfect Days in Saratoga Springs, Winter Edition!
Day 1: Arrival Day
- Check into your luxurious room at Saratoga Arms
- Take a Saratoga mineral bath at Complexions, Saratoga’s newest Spa
- Dinner at one of many fabulous Saratoga Springs restaurants within walking distance of our hotel
Day 2: History, Culture & Dining
- Take a morning walk along North Broadway and view the historic homes
- Return to Saratoga Arms for a delicious farm fresh breakfast
- Tour the National Racing Museum and Tang Museum at Skidmore College
- Have lunch at Scallions Restaurant or Ravenous Creperie in downtown Saratoga Springs
- After lunch, travel 20 minutes north to tour the Hyde Collection in Glens Falls
- Enjoy drinks and a small plate, by the fire, in the front parlor of Saratoga Arms before your dinner
- After dinner, test your betting luck at the Saratoga Casino and Raceway
Day 3: Outdoor Adventures or Downtown Fun
- Begin your day with another breakfast at Saratoga Arms
For Active Guests:
- Spend the day snowshoeing or cross country skiing at Saratoga Spa State Park, our 2,200 acre park!
- Travel 48 miles north to the Adirondack Mountains to Lapland Lakes, one of the area’s finest cross country ski areas!
For Less Adventurous Guests:
- Tour the many shops along Broadway, our main street
- Take in an independent movie, at our downtown theater
- Spend an afternoon by the fire at Saratoga Arms with a boardgame or a book
- Return to Saratoga for a nap then dinner
Day 4: Check Out Day
- Enjoy the final morning in the Saratoga Arms dining room for breakfast
- Pick up that last minute Saratoga gift at one of our downtown shops!
Book your favorite room today for an unforgettable winter getaway!
Enjoy a special night to yourselves before the holiday rush at our downtown Saratoga Springs, NY hotel. Enjoy a 20% savings, including dinner and a movie, all within walking distance of the Saratoga Arms hotel.
Saratoga Date Night Package
- Your favorite room at Saratoga Arms
- $50 dining certificate to your choice of restaurant: Chianti Ristorante, Forno Bistro, or Boca Bistro Read Reviews
- Bottle of Domaine St. Michelle Blanc de Blanc Sparkling Wine
- Box of Truffles from Kilwins Confectioners
- 2 Movie passes to Bow Tie Cinemas
- Breakfast for two in the morning
Package Rate: $289 – $379, depending on room selection. Valid 10/26 – 12/23/14, available Sunday – Friday. Not Available on Saturdays.
Book Online or feel free to call us at 518-584-1775 for reservations.
Plan your getaway to enjoy the New York fall foliage!
Book 2 nights at Saratoga Arms and your 3rd night is FREE!
Make your reservation for three consecutive nights (Sunday – Thursday) and the third night is on us!* Book online by selecting your favorite room from our availability calendar and use the promo code: 3for2 at check out. Or feel free to call us at 518-584-1775 for reservations.
Plan your romantic getaway with our Saratoga Springs Fall Itinerary! Enjoy four perfect days exploring beautiful upstate New York with classic autumn activities, including apple picking, hiking, mineral baths, and great dining!
*Details & Restrictions: Based on availability, available midweek (Sun-Thurs) only. May not be combined with any other offers, third party gift certificates or bookings. Valid September 17 – December 21, 2014.
Winterfest is an esoteric term that appears to describe any activity or group of events that take place in the dead of winter. Even Wikipedia, the free online, publicly edited encyclopedia, defines it as “Winterfest is the name of several winter festivals held in various locations in the United States” In short, it is a winter celebration or a celebration of winter.
Winterfest is clearly meant to chase away the Winter Blues…Blahs…or Cabin Fever.
As the saying goes: April showers, May brings flowers. And May sure has delivered. With the warmth from sunshine giving new life to trees, plants, and wildlife, there is no doubt that Saratoga’s Spring has sprung.
May also means the Saratoga Farmers Market returned to its outdoors home in High Rock Park. When it comes to capturing the true flavor of summer, this is the place to be. Featuring dozens of vendors, the twice-‐weekly market includes local products ranging from vegetables, to cheese, to meat, to crafts.
Because everything is fresh and local, no two days’ offerings are necessarily going to be the same. If a specific piece of produce isn’t for sale, it isn’t in season. Unlike regular supermarkets, these crops aren’t genetically modified, imported from thousands of miles away, or forcefully ripened. Instead, you’re getting food directly from the source; if you have a question about anything (even if it’s as silly as “why are those carrots purple?”), you can ask knowing that the answer is a reliable one, since whoever answers is very likely to have played a first-‐hand role in producing the food.
Also, if you live in the area and have a green thumb, you can pick up plants to grow in your own garden. Whether it is a pretty hanging basket of flowers or a tomato seedling, the only thing more local than produce from the Saratoga Farmer’s Market is produce growing at your own home. Incase you have no idea where to begin, there is usually a booth with ‘master’ gardeners from the Cornell Cooperative Extension who can provide soil tests, answer any questions, and let you know about the programs they offer.
And don’t worry about waiting until you’re home to feast, as some of the vendors are there to cook up delicious food on site: smoothies, burritos, ice cream, and more! Additionally, even though taste is the focused sense of the event, the organizers schedule a musical act to keep your ears occupied as you go around smelling and tasting the fresh fare.
The Saratoga Farmer’s Market runs Wednesdays 3pm-‐6pm and Saturdays 9am-‐1pm in High Rock Park. The market is within walking distance to Saratoga Arms. We have plenty of room to store your goodies. If driving, parking is available on the street along High Rock Avenue in front of the market, or in the city lot adjacent (no charge for either).
Happy Marketing! And seriously…Purple Carrots do exist.