The calendar affirms what our minds and hearts have been longing for… Spring has arrived in Saratoga Springs! The waist high snow banks have melted, and the trees are budding and the grass is greening. As 2021 moves into the 2nd quarter of the year, we anticipate you are more comfortable leaving your homes and setting your sites on a spring getaway. We have a perfect 3-day trip for you.
2021 Spring Getaway Itinerary
- Check in to your luxurious room at Saratoga Arms.
- Enjoy a mineral bath at Roosevelt Baths and Spa followed by either a self-guided, or docent tour of the historic mineral springs, all within Saratoga Spa State Park.
- Return to downtown Saratoga Springs for dinner, at one of the fantastic restaurants in Saratoga, many of which are within walking distance from Saratoga Arms.
- Enjoy a farm-to-table style breakfast in the President Grant Dining Room, here at Saratoga Arms. Or if the morning temperature cooperates, breakfast is served on our wrap-around front porch.
- Head out for a round of golf at Saratoga National, one of the area’s most premier golf courses. Afterwards, have lunch on the patio at Prime, overlooking the 18th hole of the course, a classic Saratoga favorite.
- Not a golfer? Enjoy a walk up North Broadway, and view the gorgeous victorian homes, a Saratoga signature. Saratoga Arms Tip: Be sure to ask the team at the front desk for the self-guided brochure.
- Stop back at Saratoga Arms for a quick rest, and head down Broadway to Complexions, Saratoga’s luxurious spa for a massage or facial, and a relaxing afternoon.
- On your way back from Complexions, stop by The Wine Bar, to taste from a rotating selection of wines, paired with their small plates and tapas.
- Freshen up back at Saratoga Arms before heading to Chianti or Forno Bistro for a delicious Italian dinner, both just steps from Saratoga Arms.
- For a sweet treat after dinner, keep up with the Italian theme and enjoy homemade creamy gelato at Saratoga Gelato.
- After returning to Saratoga Arms, stop by the front desk for a board game to finish off the day.
- Have another farm fresh breakfast in the dining room, or enjoy breakfast in bed.
- Take a scenic drive up to Lake George and tour Fort William Henry, or take a steamboat cruise around the lake, on some of the oldest steamboats in the nation, beginning May 3rd.
- Stop at The Bolton Barrel for a pub-style lunch before continuing north to Fort Ticonderoga, which is where Lake George and Lake Champlain’s waters meet, and another important landmark from The Seven Years’ War.
- Enjoy the scenic drive back south, along Lake George and take in the beautiful vistas along the way. For dinner, treat yourself to 15 Church, one of our favorite dining spots.
- Enjoy your last breakfast at Saratoga Arms.
- After check out, take a walk down Broadway, tour the shops for last minute Saratoga gifts, and stroll through Congress Park, where you’ll find the historic Canfield Casino.
- Before leaving town, head to Putnam Market for a picnic style lunch, and take a drive around Saratoga Lake, stopping along the way to look at the views the lake has to offer, and enjoying your lunch.