For 22 years, the Saturday before The Super Bowl means Chowderfest to those visiting Saratoga Springs. Saratoga’s Annual Chowderfest, this year on February 1, 2020, is one of the area’s most highly anticipated events of the year. Family-friendly, fun and utterly delicious, Chowderfest features more than 80 vendors—including Saratoga County’s best restaurants and caterers—who open their doors to the public and serve hot bowls of chowder to event goers.
And the best news is that Saratoga Arms is located right in the heart of the festivities. Book a room, stay the night, and walk out our doors to an afternoon of chowder!
How Does it work
- No tickets necessary! Pick up a ballot form at any participating establishment
- Taste different chowders for a $1 a cup (3 oz. serving) from 11am-4pm
- Vote for your favorite on the ballot and drop it off at Saratoga Springs Heritage Area Visitor Center or the gallery at the Saratoga Springs City Center. Voting ends at 5pm
- Votes are tallied into 8 award categories
- See if your favorite was one of the winners by attending the Awards Ceremony, Saratoga Springs Heritage Area Visitor Center at 6:30 PM
Things to Do
- Chowderfest merchandise will be sold at Heritage Area Visitor Center and Saratoga Springs City Center. Beanies are $7, long sleeve t-shirts are $10 (XXL $12). Cash only.
- Stop by the Saratoga Springs City Center (inside) and visit the Albany Tunnel to Tower honoring 911 fallen firefighter Stephen Siller
- Snappy Sam Open Photo Booth will be available for complimentary photos at the Saratoga Springs City Center
- Saranac Soda tasting tent and kids activities will be set up on the lawn of the Heritage Area Visitor Center from 11am-2pm
- Farmers Hardware is having a Chowderfest Pre-Party from 8:30am-11am
- Lia Nissan of Saratoga will have a vehicle on Ellsworth Jones Place
- Saratoga Miss Softball will be selling bottled water outside Ben & Jerry’s on Phila Street
- Mouzon House will have a Tarot card reader
- In addition to $1 chowder samples, Prime at Saratoga National is offering $1 oysters
- On the Spot Photos is celebrating 11 years of being part of Chowderfest! Have your group’s photo taken by one of their photographers and pick up your photo at Impressions of Saratoga (368 Broadway).
- Sperry’s is having a tiki themed pig roast and pop up tiki bar
- Pat Decker at Putnam Place at 11am (Walking distance from Saratoga Arms)
- Garland Nelson at Embassy Suites from 11am-4pm (Walking distance from Saratoga Arms)
- Dan Sherwin at Prime at Saratoga National from 11am-4pm
- Masters of Nostalgia at Mouzon House from 11am-4pm (Walking distance from Saratoga Arms)
- Tailspin, BJ Fitzgerald & The Ill Funk Ensemble at Spa City Tap & Barrel at 12pm (Walking distance from Saratoga Arms)
- Nate at Carson’s Woodside Tavern from 12-3pm
- DJ Vince at Saratoga City Tavern from 1-4pm (Walking distance from Saratoga Arms)
- The Brass Machine at Putnam Place at 4pm (Walking distance from Saratoga Arms)
- Chris Dollard at Prime at Saratoga National from 5:30-8:30pm
- The Schmooze at Saratoga City Tavern from 5-9pm (Walking distance from Saratoga Arms)
- Seth Warden Trio at Carson’s Woodside Tavern from 7-10pm
Take a road trip, eat some chowder, warm up the winter chill. Saratoga Arms still has rooms available for the weekend.