4 Perfect Days in Saratoga Springs
Saratoga Springs is full of wonderful things to do and see during the summer season. Being native Saratogians, we have designed a 3-night, 4 day adventure that showcases “The Saratoga Experience.” Take advantage of our midweek special for the perfect getaway!
Midweek Getaway Special
Book your favorite room for 3+ nights Sunday-Thursday and enjoy a complimentary welcome plate and bottle of wine. Enjoy on our porch or in the privacy of your room, the perfect way to start your getaway!
*Offer valid for stays May 18 – July 23, 2015. Choose from: bottle of Pinot Grigio or Pinot Noir wine and Cheese and Fruit Plate or Assorted Vegetarian Tapas Plate. Please indicate your choice in the notes section when booking online. New reservations only, cannot be combined with other offers.
- Check in at Saratoga Arms
- Take a mineral bath at the historic Roosevelt Baths
- Enjoy a self-guided or docent tour of the mineral springs within the Saratoga State Park
- Dinner at one of many fabulous restaurants within walking distance of Saratoga Arms
- Wake up early and watch the horses train from the Whitney Viewing Stand at the Oklahoma Thoroughbred Training racetrack
- Return to Saratoga Arms for a delicious farm fresh breakfast
- Tour the National Museum of Dance
- Tour the National Racing Museum
- Pack a picnic lunch at the Parkside Eatery
- Enjoy your picnic lunch in Congress Park
- Tour the Canfield Casino Museum within the park
- End your afternoon in the park with a Carousel Ride
- Enjoy drinks and a small plate on the grand Saratoga Porch of Saratoga Arms before your dinner
- Begin your day with another breakfast at Saratoga Arms
- Travel North to the Adirondack Mountains for a variety of choices
- Water-Take a boat tour of Lake George
- Mountains-Hike one of the Adirondack Mountain 46 High Peaks (Be sure to bring a picnic lunch from Putnam Market before you head north)
- History-Tour Fort Ticonderoga. Built during the French and Indian War and also used during the American Revolutionary War, the Fort operates has a museum, reenactment tours, beautiful garden and a research center
- Return to Saratoga for a nap then dinner
Day 4/Check-out Day
- Enjoy the final morning in the Saratoga Arms dining room for breakfast
- Tour the many shops along Broadway, our main street, before heading home
- Detour to the Saratoga Battlefield and Saratoga Historic Park-Turning Point of the Revolutionary War- as you head home
We are entering the home stretch with opening day for the historic Saratoga Race Course just around on the bend. Named one of the “Top 10 Sports Venues of the 20th century” by Sports Illustrated, be sure to book your favorite room now before it’s gone!
Don’t miss the thrills, fashion, and friendly race day banter on our porch that makes this such a special experience. Below you will find more information on this year’s special events, race dates, and important changes to dining reservations.
Special Racing Dates
- Opening Day Celebration – July 24th ~ Live music, meet the horses & jockeys, and more!
- The Whitney – August 8th
- The Alabama – August 22th
- The Travers – August 29th
- The Sword Dancer – August 29th
- The Woodward – September 5th
- The Fasig Tipton Sale – August 10th & 11th
- The New York bred Yearling Sale – August 15th & 16th
- Final Stretch Music Festival Weekend – September 5th & 6th
- Closing Day – September 7th
See the official & complete 2015 Saratoga Stakes Race Schedule.
Art, Culture, and Horses
The Performing Arts continue to flourish in the Spa city, and there are several special performances during racing season you will not want to miss:
- The Freihofer Jazz Festival – June 27 & 28, 2015
- The New York City Ballet – July 7-18, 2015
- Brad Paisley Concert – July 26, 2015
- Opera Saratoga – July 2-26, 2015
- The Philadelphia Orchestra – August 5-22, 2015
See the full calendar of upcoming events in Saratoga Springs.
Saratoga Race Track Dining
Make your reservations early and enjoy a unique trackside dining experience!
The Turf Terrace ~ Our favorite!
Located on the 3rd and 4th floor of the Clubhouse, enjoy an excellent view of the track and finish line and formal open-air setting.
The Club Terrace
Overlooking the backyard & paddock, enjoy a casual open-air seating and menu and big screen TV’s to view the live racing action.
Perfect for being close to the action with casual open air seating just a few feet from the outside rail.
Call 888-516-6972 to make your reservation.
*New policies for 2015 mean tables are on a first serve basis, so we highly recommend making your reservation as soon as possible. Learn more at NYRA.com
We look forward to welcoming to you to our downtown Saratoga Springs, NY hotel for a fun and exciting 2015 season!
You’ve earned it… enjoy a romantic one night escape to our downtown Saratoga Springs, NY hotel. Our date night package includes everything you need for a great night on the town, plus you’ll enjoy a 20% savings.
Saratoga Date Night Package
- One night in the room of your choice
- $50 dining certificate to Chianti Ristorante, Forno Bistro, or Boca Bistro
- 2 Movie passes to Bow Tie Cinemas
- Bottle Sparkling Wine & a box of truffles
- Breakfast for two in the morning
Package Rate: $289 – $379, depending on room selection. Valid until 4/30/15, available Sunday – Friday. Not available Saturdays.
Looking for a longer getaway? Check out our Three’s a Charm Special.
Join us for the 4th annual Saratoga Beer Week February 19th-22nd. Book your room at Saratoga Arms and enjoy being right across the street from the City Center and all the great beer festivities. We have put together a great weekend package, including an exclusive “meet the brewer” event and a stay 3, pay for 2 special with Thursday night free for those who want to get a jump on the weekend!
Our Saratoga Beer Week Package includes:
- 2-3 nights lodging at our downtown Saratoga Springs hotel
- 2 Saratoga Beer Week Passes, including the Friday Evening Cider Night & Saturday Grand Tasting
- Full breakfast for two at Saratoga Arms each morning
- Exclusive Brewer’s Breakfast Bash, where you get to meet Max Oswald from Olde Saratoga Brewing Company during breakfast on Saturday and sample brews.
$579 per couple for a Queen Room for the entire weekend
$629 per couple for a King Room for the entire weekend
Book Online and get Thursday Free with promo code: beer2015 or call us at 518-584-1775.
Start off the new year with a relaxing spa getaway to Saratoga Springs! Make this the year to focus on your personal health, wellness, and spiritual renewal. Saratoga Arms and Complexions Spa have joined together to bring you the perfect stress relieving package for the following weekends:
February 27th & 28th and March 20th & 21st.
Each person attending our Wellness Weekend Getaway will receive:
- 2 night stay at Saratoga Arms
- Welcome Reception with Wine, Local Cheeses and Chair Massages from Complexions Spa
- Stress Reduction Guided Meditation Session
- Pampering Spa Services at Complexions Spa (see spa menu below, we will contact you to confirm your choice of spa package after you have submitted your reservation)
- $40 Dining Certificate any of the DZ Restaurants (Boca Bistro, Forno Tuscano, and Chianti)
- Breakfast each morning at Saratoga Arms
- Gift Bag with goodies experienced from the weekend
Package: Starting at $450 per person, double occupancy required. A $150 savings!
These weekend packages are perfect for girls’ weekends or couples retreats; double occupancy is required. Space is limited, so book your getaway today and get ready to celebrate a new year and new you!
Your Wellness Weekend Itinerary:
- Wine & Cheese Reception 8:00 – 9:30 pm
Start your weekend out with a glass of wine and cheeses from a local farm and relax while we share the special activities we have in store for you! Massage therapists from Complexions Spa will also be on hand to offer chair massages.
- Breakfast 8:00 – 10:00 am
Enjoy a healthy and scrumptious breakfast prepared by our CIA-trained chef, Mary Garofalo.
- Mindful Meditation Session 10:30 – 11:30 am
Join Caroline Russell Smith at One Big Roof, a holistic health and retreat center in the heart of Saratoga, for a special stress reduction session using the power of meditation.
- Lunch & Spa Treatments Afternoon
Head to Complexions Spa for a rejuvenating spa lunch and your choice of spa services from our great package options. All services also include use of the Relaxation Lounge, Sauna, Steam Room, shower facilities and amenities.
- Savor Saratoga
After your afternoon at the Spa, the rest of the evening is yours. Head back to the hotel for a nap, take in a yoga class at a local studio, or peruse downtown Saratoga Springs. Included in your package is a $40 certificate to any of the DZ Restaurants (Boca Bistro, Forno Tuscano, and Chianti)…all within walking distance to Saratoga Arms.
- Parting Gifts
After dinner head back to the hotel and receive your personalized gift bag, full of goodies experienced from the weekend.
- Breakfast 8:00 – 10:00 am
Enjoy another fabulous breakfast from Chef Mary. Afterwards you can enjoy a relaxed morning with a self-guided tour around the city or enjoy downtown shopping.
- Checkout 11:00 am
Leave relaxed and refreshed, ready to start a New Year!
Book online now or call us at 518-584-1775.
Available Dates: February 27th & 28th and March 20th & 21st.
Create the perfect getaway with our Saratoga Date Night Package! Choose your favorite restaurant from this post and enjoy:
- One night at Saratoga Arms
- $50 dining card (choose from restaurants below)
- 2 tickets to Bow Tie Cinemas (walking distance)
- A bottle of sparkling wine & truffles
- Breakfast for two
Starting at $289 per couple!
Valid 10/26 – 12/23/14, available Sunday – Friday. Not available Saturday or 11/7/14.
A fun Spanish bistro and tapas bar walking distance from our downtown Saratoga Springs hotel! Enjoy a mix of vintage Spanish with a contemporary menu and a fun atmosphere. Perfect for a night on the town. Be sure to try their paella!
Chianti Il Ristorante
One of the best restaurants in Saratoga Springs, NY for an elegant date night, enjoy an authentic northern Italian menu in an elegant setting. Set in the heart of downtown Saratoga Springs, it is an easy walk from Saratoga Arms. The menu changes with each season, so there is always something new and spectacular to try. Be sure to check out their magnificent wine list!
Enjoy a hearty Tuscan-style food with big bold flavors at this fun and casual bistro. The warm and inviting interior makes this a fun destination in downtown Saratoga Springs, and is within walking distance of our hotel. Be sure to check their wood-fired pizzas!
Enjoy a special night to yourselves before the holiday rush at our downtown Saratoga Springs, NY hotel. Enjoy a 20% savings, including dinner and a movie, all within walking distance of the Saratoga Arms hotel.
Saratoga Date Night Package
- Your favorite room at Saratoga Arms
- $50 dining certificate to your choice of restaurant: Chianti Ristorante, Forno Bistro, or Boca Bistro Read Reviews
- Bottle of Domaine St. Michelle Blanc de Blanc Sparkling Wine
- Box of Truffles from Kilwins Confectioners
- 2 Movie passes to Bow Tie Cinemas
- Breakfast for two in the morning
Package Rate: $289 – $379, depending on room selection. Valid 10/26 – 12/23/14, available Sunday – Friday. Not Available on Saturdays.
Book Online or feel free to call us at 518-584-1775 for reservations.
Plan your getaway to enjoy the New York fall foliage!
Book 2 nights at Saratoga Arms and your 3rd night is FREE!
Make your reservation for three consecutive nights (Sunday – Thursday) and the third night is on us!* Book online by selecting your favorite room from our availability calendar and use the promo code: 3for2 at check out. Or feel free to call us at 518-584-1775 for reservations.
Plan your romantic getaway with our Saratoga Springs Fall Itinerary! Enjoy four perfect days exploring beautiful upstate New York with classic autumn activities, including apple picking, hiking, mineral baths, and great dining!
*Details & Restrictions: Based on availability, available midweek (Sun-Thurs) only. May not be combined with any other offers, third party gift certificates or bookings. Valid September 17 – December 21, 2014.
Years ago the Saratoga Race Course in Saratoga Springs, NY, was a closed unconnected property, no telephones in public areas, no TV, no connections to the outside world were allowed while the races took place.
The times they are a changing albeit it slowly, at all three New York race tracks, Belmont, Aqueduct and our favorite, Saratoga, in beautiful Saratoga Springs, NY.
It is no secret that the Saratoga horse racing is the busiest time of year and this Saratoga Springs hotel prides itself on offering guests a true Saratoga experience. Saratoga Springs is home to the oldest race course in North America, that celebrated 150 years in 2013.
With a rare exception, a racing season reservation at Saratoga Arms includes plans for at least one visit to the race track. Track knowledge can range from “There’s a race track in Saratoga????” to the enthusiast who knows the inside way to get to the coveted box seats. Most lie somewhere in between.
We get many calls from “first-timers” looking to take part in the racing experience and they have lots of questions