Updated for the 2022 Season
Saratoga Springs is home to the oldest thoroughbred racetrack in America. For just six weeks each summer, guests at our Saratoga Springs bed and breakfast enjoy the Saratoga Race Course, host to the most elite horses in the world.
2022 Racing Dates: July 14 – September 5
The New York Race Association, Inc. (NYRA) announced the stake schedule for the 2022 Season of Saratoga Race Course. It will feature 77 stakes worth $22.6 million in total purses — a $1.1 million increase over the 2021 purses.
This season includes 19 Grade 1s and highlights the Grade 1, $1.25 million Runhappy Travers on August 27, and on August 6, the Grade 1, $1 million Whitney. The New York Showcase Day held on August 26 headlines six stakes worth $1.25 million combined. For a full stake schedule, read the NYRA announcement.
Admission to the Horse Racing
Season passes are currently available for the 40-day 2022 season of horse racing. Please note that these are admission fees only (seating is not included). Within nine visits you will have paid for your ticket!
- Grandstand: $60
Seasonal daily parking passes are also available. However, if you enjoy a long walk, general parking is free.
- Grandstand with Preferred Parking: $135
Clubhouse with Trackside Parking: $205
General single day admission: TBA
Gates open at 11 am each day and at 7 am on Runhappy Travers Day on August 27. We recommend arriving early to reserve your seat and picnic table. Tradition reigns with simply throwing down a newspaper to reserve your seat or a tablecloth to reserve a picnic table.
Live races occur daily except for Mondays and Tuesdays. Keep up to date with the daily schedule. The first race post time is 1 pm.
Seating Options at the Track
There are a variety of seating options available to enjoy a day of racing.
Box Seats and Clubhouse Dining Room
In the clubhouse dining rooms and box seats, dress in your summer best. Ladies in summer hats are a long-standing Saratoga tradition. Gentlemen, a suit or sports jacket is your proper attire.
If you prefer something a little more informal, purchase a reserved seat in the clubhouse or the grandstand. The Pick Six Picnic Paddock is another option with over 100 tables for those with paid reservations. Each table seats six and provides viewing access to TVs and the paddock. These go fast, so get there early.
Reserved seats are available by special arrangement. Advance sales of seats are reserved through mail order only. This is done by a lottery in October of the preceding year. Visit NYRA Reserved Seating Options for details. If you are a last-minute planner, limited seat cancellations are available on-site the morning of each racing day at the general admission window on Union Avenue. If you’re willing to wait in line, desired seating is usually available.
Race Track Dining Offers All Day Seating
- The Turf Terrace is located in the clubhouse overlooking the main track and offers a great view of each race. This four-tiered restaurant is the most sought-after option.
- The 1863 Club is located at the end of the Clubhouse on ground level. This three-story, climate-controlled facility will include various seating and dining options, along with the kind of modern amenities our guests have come to expect from a state-of-the-art sports facility. Watch the races from the rail and feel the pounding hooves as the horses round the clubhouse turn.
- Additional hospitality areas for groups include the Easy Goer, Tailgate at the Turn, the Festival Tent, and more. Check for additional food and drink tips at the Race Course.
- Reservations are required for all of these restaurants. For reservations or additional information, call (888) 516-6972.
Saratoga Gaming and Horse Racing
Saratoga Gaming and Raceway offers live harness racing along with video gaming and live entertainment. See the 2022 Live Harness Racing Calendar.
The trotters race evenings from February through November with a post time of 6:45 pm. For more information, call (518) 584-2110.
A Memorable Getaway
Our beautifully restored hotel offers a private and comfortable stay for your horse racing getaway. With action-packed days at the races, Saratoga Arms provides warm hospitality and luxury amenities to make your next Saratoga Springs getaway a time to remember! Check now for availability.