Saratoga Springs is bursting with delicious places to dine, notable parks to visit, beautiful architecture to admire, and unique shops to experience. One of the best parts of a Saratoga Arms stay is our central location to all the city has to offer. Our small city and our main street have won numerous awards and accolades including one of the ’50 Most Beautiful Towns in America,’ ‘Best Small City in New York State,’ and ‘Best Main Street in the USA,’ which makes Saratoga Springs a prime location to visit, especially during the holiday season!
Luckily, we have curated a list of our favorite unique shops in Saratoga Springs. So make your list, check it twice, and have fun shopping your way through the city!
- Impressions/Dark Horse: Impressions boasts the largest collection of Saratoga themed sportswear, memorabilia, and souvenirs. They have a vast array of locally made food products, gifts, jewelry, and a large collection of horse themed items. Dark Horse pays homage to Saratoga Racecourse’s reputation and tradition of Triple Crown winners and legendary thoroughbreds losing to underdogs, which earned it the nickname “Graveyard of Champions”.
Saratoga Arms favorite tip: Their Saratoga starting gate ornament is adorable.
- Crafters Gallery: A downtown staple for 25 years, Crafters Gallery offers jewelry and artwork crafted by local artisans, as well as a wide array of gifts and home furnishings. They also specialize in high-quality framing of art, as well as collectibles, bouquets, and more. Filled with a range of items for every taste and budget, it’s a local favorite.
Saratoga Arms favorite tip: The melted blue Saratoga water bottle cheese board is a great gift.
Clothing & Gifts:
- Saratoga Saddlery: Just a few blocks from our hotel, Saratoga Saddlery is an equestrian lifestyle boutique. They now carry countless fashion and gift lines from around the world, offering European fashion clothing for men and women. They are known for their unique Italian leather and fur coats, and are the largest dealer of Western boots in the Northeast.
Saratoga Arms favorite tip: They carry equestrian boots for children as well as adults.
- Lifestyles /Caroline & Main/ Union Hall: Lifestyles and Caroline & Main are a pair of clothing boutiques that are Saratoga icons known for their collections of timeless apparel with a fresh, urban sensibility. They’re neighbors on Broadway, on either side of Caroline Street. Across the street is Union Hall Supply Co. which offers a curated selection of clothing, shoes, and accessories for men.
Saratoga Arms favorite tip: They have trained stylists who will pick out the perfect outfit for you.
- Embrace the Race: This brand celebrates the horse racing experience with a subtle, unique logo. This shop sells a variety of apparel, home goods and drinkware. These items make wonderful gifts for the Saratoga and horse racing enthusiast on your list.
Saratoga Arms favorite tip: The ties are colorful and full of whimsy.
- Saratoga Trunk: This elegant women’s clothing boutique sells dresses of all styles and for all occasions with accessories and hats to match. With an impressive line of high-end designers, there is plenty to choose from at Saratoga Trunk.
Saratoga Arms favorite tip: Natalie will find that perfect hat for you. Tell her we sent you!
- DeJonghe Jewelers: In business since 1982, this gallery and working studio features stunning custom jewelry. Designed by a father and son team of jewelers, 90% of the inventory in the store is made on premises.
Saratoga Arms favorite tip: They offer a line of uniquely Saratoga Jewelry and for special lines they donate part of their proceeds back to local nonprofits.
Must Visit Shops:
- Lyrical Ballad: A charming used and antique bookstore that’s been a staple in downtown Saratoga since 1971. With over 100,000 books in eight rooms, they specialize in architecture and fine arts, children’s and illustrated books, decorative and fine bindings, and a large collection related to thoroughbred racing. This bookstore is housed in a former bank with vault doors that lead from room to room.
Saratoga Arms favorite tip: The staff is incredibly knowledgeable about their inventory. Utilize their expertise to find what you’re looking for.
- Saratoga Olive Oil: Located across the street from Saratoga Arms, Saratoga Olive Oil’s goal is to provide the freshest and healthiest olive oil in the world. They have over 60 flavors of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and exotic sea salts to sample before buying your favorites.
Saratoga Arms favorite tip: The Grapefruit Vinaigrette. Trust us!
- G. Willikers: A classic toy and games store with nostalgic charm. Their “Elves”, as they call their employees, pride themselves in having in-depth knowledge of all their offerings and providing personalized attention to help customers find just the right toy or gift.
Saratoga Arms favorite tip: This is a grandparent’s paradise and they gift wrap for free.
- Antara Home: A beautiful fine linen and furnishings shop just down the street from us next to the post office.
Saratoga Arms favorite tip: Ask for Raj. He will find the perfect “something” for you!
- Saratoga Tea & Honey: This retail shop has a tea and honey tasting bar and an impressive line of organic and fine tea and herbal infusions, tea accessories, local raw honey and pottery.
Saratoga Arms favorite tip: The honey tasting room is incredible and be sure to grab a hot tea or matcha to warm you up on your shopping trip.
There are also a number of options right at Saratoga Arms to pick up for your loved ones or yourself! One thing that is always the right fit? A Saratoga Arms gift card – it never expires and it’s the perfect gift for that person who is difficult to shop for.
Consider booking your stay at Saratoga Arms where after a day of downtown shopping, you are welcome to use our fully stocked gift wrapping cart with paper, bags and bows; enjoy a welcome cheese and fruit platter and a glass of champagne; and then relax in front of the fireplace as you wrap. Happy holidays from Saratoga Arms!
Photos courtesy of Frozen Moments in and Around Saratoga.